The place for connecting Nordic scientists with international investors and businesses
Over the past decade, the Nordic region has exhibited exponential growth in research and innovation across the natural sciences. Nordic universities create significant potential for translating early-stage research-based inventions into products and services which benefit society. However, to realize the full potential, it requires support from external business partners.
Therefore, in Copenhagen on 21 September 2021, the Nordic Innovation Fair will showcase more than 120 innovation cases, offering a free and unique matchmaking and networking opportunity by bringing together all stakeholders across the innovation ecosystem. Researchers and spinouts from Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark will present their inventions with the aim of finding business opportunities for: licensing, co-development, research collaboration, funding and/or investment.
The theme for this year’s fair is:
Inventions, investments and transboundary innovations – the potentials of going Nordic.
Cases fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Advanced Production & Technologies
- Biotech & Pharma
- Digitalization, AI & Robotics
- Medtech & Diagnostics
Who should attend:
- Business scouts and investors from around the world who would like to get a first-hand view of the newest Nordic scientific achievements and connect with the people behind the innovation in a casual open-fair environment.
- If you are a Nordic researcher or spin-out interested in presenting your invention, contact your local technology transfer office.
- If you are a Nordic research-based technology transfer office with interest in finding business opportunities for your cases, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Features of the event:
- Matchmaking through poster presentations, pitching sessions and pre-booked 1:1 meetings.
- Fireplace interviews, panel discussions, and exciting keynote speeches with key decision-makers in industry and academia.
- An exclusive networking dinner on 20 September (by invite only).
- Based on previous events, we expect the 2021 event to generate at least 4000 new contacts.
Online alternative: If assembly restrictions due to COVID-19 persist, the Nordic Innovation Fair will be held online.
How a partnering event works
From registration to the event, there will be regular e mail updates explaining what you need to do next.
2. Set up a profile
Create a strong profile which will raise your visibility to others on this platform. Make it clear and concise. Your profile should describe who you are, what you can offer potential partners and who you want to meet. A good profile will significantly generate more meetings. Don’t forget your profile will be live and visible even after the event.
3. Request meetings | from 1 July 2021 onwards
Be active not reactive. Browse published participants profiles and send meeting requests to those you want to meet at the event. Adding a meaningful remark why you are interested in a meeting will increase the chance that your request will be accepted. Accepted meeting requests will be scheduled automatically.
4. Build connections
About 1-2 days before the event you will receive an email with your detailed meeting schedule. You can also check your meeting agenda online or via the b2match app.
More information and registration by 17 September 2021: https://nordicinnovationfair21.b2match.io/
Contact person in Finland: Hannele Halmetoja, hannele.halmetoja(at)businessfinland.fi